Re: [wg-c] compromise proposal

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999, Christopher Ambler wrote:
> The problem with such a plan is the mess that will be created
> when CORE isn't included in the 6-10 new gTLDs. Or Iperdome.
> Or IOD. Or any other company that might either have their
> intellectual property compromised, their business harmed, or
> face competitors who get a head-start. This is distinctly
> different than the testbed registrar rollout.
>
> How do you plan on solving this problem?

You state that this is substantially different that the testbed registrar
rollout, but I fail to see the difference. Further, I don't actually view
this as a problem if the testbed is conducted properly.

This may be rather blunt, but quite frankly, I could care less if any of
the firms you mentioned actually get into the testbed. Not for malicious
reasons, but I see no pre-existing conditions that should guarantee
inclusion.

So to come to point on this rather quickly, can please clarify for the
group a) what mess will be created, b) what IP will be compromised c) whose
businesses will get harmed and d) why this is a problem, in the context of
the general proposal that Jonathon has brought forth.

-RWR

--
Ross Wm. Rader
Director, eCommerce