Re[2]: [wg-c] Switching costs: a proposal

Monday, August 30, 1999, 1:57:06 PM, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com> wrote:

> At 11:55 AM 8/30/99 , Milton Mueller wrote:
>>The FTC report debunks the arguments for non-profit registries and puts the
>>"lock-in" arguiment in proper perspective. The report notes that the problem

> Language like "debunk" is nicely disrespectful of seriously held and
> pursued positions.

> In any event, the report does attempt to refute some concerns.

> It fails:

>>"The economic analysis of markets with switching costs has identified a number
>>of factors that, in appropriate circumstances, can diminish the ability and
>>the incentive of a supplier to act opportunistically with respect to its

> and of course in the wrong balance, those things can INCREASE the incentives...

Dave, may I ask where you got your degree in economics that makes you
such an expect to refute these learned experts with nothing more than
a non-substantiated one-liner?

I won't bother to respond or quote anymore of your message, as it is
all just the same type of thing.

I for one want to know what your qualifications are that you can
refute them without any substantiable evidence to the contrary!

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!