Re: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on

At 09:07 PM 8/20/99 , Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
I don't much care what the FCC does. Where I come from, radio and tv
licenses are *applied* for and controlled by the government. they can be
revoked or issued elsewhere pretty much at the drop of a hat. And we still
have radio and tv stations.

We're not dealing with radio spectrum here, not the
Communications Act of 1934.  This is a tagging service
offered for private enhanced networks.

IIRC, NSI's CA expires a year from now. If the CA isn't renewed, then they
no longer have .com at their disposal. If that isn't a rebid scenario, then
I don't know what is. Period.

At the same time, you'll have to re-acquire
the assets from those 820 other NSF awardees.

Try it...make Phil Sbarbaro's day, and terminate
ICANN judicially at the same time (if it doesn't
occur before then).

--tony