[wg-c] how many = what number?

Jonathan Weinberg wrote:

> we have two
> the "how many, how fast" issue had consensus support within the WG, and
> detailing the opposing views; or (2) to find a new (compromise?) position
> on the issue that *can* command rough consensus within the WG.

I think it's clearly mistaken to say that there is no possibility of
consensusof "how many." Right now, "how fast" is the only problem.

Also, I think it is clear that there is overwhelming consensus t
that there should be *some* new gTLDs.

I have reviewed statements from various people who expressed support for
Q1, Option 1, and their "how many" statements range from 1 to 20.
Perhaps we can work on clearing that up.

When Option 1 supporters say "start slow" and evaluate the results, how
many gTLDs does "start slow" consist of?

I suspect that there is widespread support, excepting perhaps only
those who really would prefer no new gTLDs at all, for a number greater
than 5.

If the number is 10 or greater, then I could add my support to that
option, as long as it also contained a provision ensuring that several
competitive registries would also be authorized.