Re[2]: [wg-c] GTLD Straw poll

Tuesday, August 17, 1999, 10:05:43 PM, Ross Wm. Rader <ross@ebarn.com> wrote:

> Shared registries in my mind is are out of control at best. With a proper
> grant, competition could be ensured through a limited term within the bid
> and tender process.

What is it about mandatory reasonable contractual concerns that don't
address your concerns?

As in deciding ALL regulatory decisions, there is an obligation to
take the minimum necessary action to protect the real quantifiable
harms.

I'd like to here what concerns you have that reasonable contract
provisions can't address sufficiently.

With enforceable contractual provisions, competition is ensured, and
all of the real concerns raised so far can be addressed (we already
see a consensus that reasonable contractual obligations can be
achieved, and a willingness on all sides to come up with them).

I'd like to know what about that approach is it exactly that you do
not feel is acceptable, and why you would then advocate a much more
Draconian approach, which really does place ICANN into the "Governance"
mode that everyone seems to want to avoid it being in.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org