Re: [wg-c] GTLD Straw poll

>i find that approach not at all practical. the lottery concept makes
>absolutely no sense either.

Absolutely - to me, this sounds like the easy way out for WG-C...

>the best approach i feel is a "bid" basis for managing registries . you
set
>up an evaluation committee which consists of primarily technical-oriented
>persons to assure that proper resources & technology is there for each
>prospective bidder and place the emphasis on quality & efficiency as well
as
>cost to deliver the services.

This process without a proper bid and tender procedure in place fully
consitutes a travesty.

>the concept of shared registries is also very intriguing as well as it
could
>create "healthy" competition
>between registry mgt. companies co-managing  the same gtld

Shared registries in my mind is are out of control at best. With a proper
grant, competition could be ensured through a limited term within the bid
and tender process.

-RWR