Re[2]: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Tuesday, August 17, 1999, 3:44:06 PM, John Charles Broomfield <jbroom@manta.outremer.com> wrote:

> I still say that options 1&2 are not exclusive.

Certainly they are. One places the burden to show that there is a
reason NOT to add new TLDs, the other places a reverse burden.

I support approaching it from the angle that unless there are
significant problems that cannot be worked out in the short term, new
gTLDs should continue to be rolled out, the presumption being that we
will not stop unless there is a good reason to.

Not that we will roll out some, and then decide if to do more.

These two views are certainly exclusive.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org