Re: [wg-c] GTLD Straw poll

Hi Ken,

 >"we should consider viewing  gtld's as a "public trust"

Doesn't the gTLD-MoU under which your organization was created
assert that the entire DNS name space is a "public trust?"
Isn't this reinforced by the GAC's declaration that "the
Internet naming and addressing system is a public resource?"

 >naturally you could develop methodologies for evaluating the administration
 >of this trust and  a periodic process could be put  into place to insure
 >that the "trust" was always placed in the most efficient and effective care
 >(i.e. periodic review and re-bidding)

Maybe we could begin with the following "public trusts":

NEW-DOMAINS.ORG
GET-DOMAINS.COM
WEB-TRAVELER.ORG
WEB-TRAVELER.NET