Re: [wg-c] Straw Vote, purpose and validity

At 00:46 17-08-99 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>         My own view:  I'm just trying to get a tally of what people think.
>To the extent possible, I'd like people to communicate their views by
>voting on the straw vote form, because that makes my job of
>summarizing people's views a lot easier. But if people consider it
>appropriate to state their views in the subjective, that's a lot better
>than nothing; and when I summarize the results of the straw poll, I'll
>include the positions of *everyone* who wrote in and expressed them.
>
>Jon

Dear Jonathan:

You are on the right track.

One of the elements of leadership is leading the group toward a consensus,
testing the consensus and helping the group to see the consensus.  Your
initiative is right on the ball.  Thank you for helping us to find our way
out of this morass of conflicting postings, many of which have strayed from
the mission of the WG.

Considering that there are members with their own agendas, some of which
are hidden agendas, the leader has a real challenge.  Lead on.

Personal regards,
BobC

Robert's Rule of Problems.

(The sum of Hypothetical situations/The sum of Real problems)>=10

(c) Robert F. Connelly, 1999
Quotation, with attribution, authorised without written request.