Re: [wg-c] Straw Vote

	My own view:  I'm just trying to get a tally of what people think.
To the extent possible, I'd like people to communicate their views by
voting on the straw vote form, because that makes my job of
summarizing people's views a lot easier. But if people consider it
appropriate to state their views in the subjective, that's a lot better
than nothing; and when I summarize the results of the straw poll, I'll
include the positions of *everyone* who wrote in and expressed them.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
co-chair, WG-C
weinberg@msen.com

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Christopher Ambler wrote:

> > In my opinion (which is a bit stronger than "IMO"), Rita's posting was
> > constructive.  It showed where her firm was coming from and how they might
> > vote on in a "votebot" or other substantive vote.
>
> I completely agree. It does not change my position on the vote.
>
> > The present straw vote is much more flexible.
>
> Says who?
>
> Would the co-chair who called the straw vote please clarify
> and make a decision on this issue? I have no problem abiding
> by the decision of the co-chair who called the vote.
>
> Christopher

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com