[wg-c] maybe we could change our communications a bit... and be more productive at the same time

Re:  receiving too many messages that aren't content, but tend to be more
personal remarks:

I'd like to propose that perhaps we all could take a short breather, and
think about what would make the work we are trying to do together more
productive. Like all of you, I have a real job too, which takes my time and
energy, and while this is important, it has to be done in context with other
threats to the Internet, trying to deal with laws which hold ISPs liable for
end user misuse of the Internet, and other serious threats, like multiple
and overlapping, and contradictory state and national laws. (Note:  these
are not areas ICANN addressed, nor should it; that is not my point).

ICANN and the issues it does address are important, too, and I want to stay
current, but do get bogged down in the messages which I want to read,
because they may have meaningful and useful commentary in them, versus those
which are just exchanges between two or three people which are more personal
in nature.

I've found myself starting to think about posting my own emotional responses
to those emotional responses, rather than my professional and "thought
through" response, and for the most part, good judgement has pulled me back
from emotionalism in my responses. :-) (well, for the most part).

I'm not criticizing anyone -- I'm asking for a change. Can we all think
about a sort of "gentleperson's agreement" not to use this working list for
personal criticisms of process or people.

I know it's fun, but it's leading to me deleting email without reading if it
comes from people who's postings are generally only... you get the message.
I don't want to do that, since I may miss a critical, and useful set of
comments which could advance understanding.

So, long message, but I hope it resonates a bit.

Regards, Marilyn