Re[6]: [wg-c] Retraction of previous proposal

Thursday, August 12, 1999, 5:08:52 AM, Ross Wm. Rader <ross@ebarn.com> wrote:

>>The question deserves an answer.  Who provided information to this
>>effect, and when did they do so?
>>

> As a CORE member who also "anticipates" that .nom will likely be "first", I
> can give you my answers...

> It's called an educated guess.

> No one in CORE has ever told me that .nom will be first.
> No one in ICANN has ever told me that .nom will be first.
> As a matter of fact, I think that this is the first time that I have
> discussed this with anyone...

> .nom (or .per, or .name etc.) are *safe* TLDs. The stakes are very low with
> them and it has always been my gut feeling that this will proceed along a
> path of least resistance - at least at first to ensure proof of concept.
> What better way to do it than launch a gTLD that will likely only be used
> by people like my Dad who would love to be Bob@Rader.per?

Then were does the date come in for adding the new TLD?

Sorry, this really sounds like there is more firm information going on
then what is being revealed here. The notice specifically says that
this "CORE believes" implying that someone representing CORE said
these things.

If not, then this is a case of a CORE member lying to their customers,
and I really don't picture Robert doing that.

I'd like to know WHO said this, and when, and on what basis they said
it.  How dare they say it, when this workgroup has not even had a
chance to decide on even the most basic issues, much less even come to
an agreement that CORE will be a part of the initially added TLDs.
These issues are FAR from a given, if this workgroup is REALLY going
to come up with valid recommendations, rather than just be a vehicle
for certain special interests to point to and say "look we ran an open
process" despite the fact they ignored what the "open process" was
doing.

I still await an answer.

Where did this information about CORE getting a TLD added in Oct/Nov?
Who said this and led this CORE member into believing it and telling
their customers this?

Is this the type of ethical behavior one can expect from the CORE
group?

Yes, I'm angry.  No group in this process has ANY right to declare
what the outcome is likely to be when the work has only just begun,
and the implication in doing so is that the work will have no impact
on what is really done.  I'm concerned because this is EXACTLY what
happened with both ICANN and the DNSO.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org