Re: Re[4]: [wg-c] Retraction of previous proposal

>The question deserves an answer.  Who provided information to this
>effect, and when did they do so?

As a CORE member who also "anticipates" that .nom will likely be "first", I
can give you my answers...

It's called an educated guess.

No one in CORE has ever told me that .nom will be first.
No one in ICANN has ever told me that .nom will be first.
As a matter of fact, I think that this is the first time that I have
discussed this with anyone...

.nom (or .per, or .name etc.) are *safe* TLDs. The stakes are very low with
them and it has always been my gut feeling that this will proceed along a
path of least resistance - at least at first to ensure proof of concept.
What better way to do it than launch a gTLD that will likely only be used
by people like my Dad who would love to be Bob@Rader.per?

-RWR