Re[4]: [wg-c] "Public" resources -Reply

Tuesday, August 10, 1999, 8:23:13 PM, Anthony Lupo <AVLUPO@arentfox.com> wrote:

> I see a potential problem with this approach.  Yahoo or any other
> trademark owner will not enter into any agreement where they
> could potentially lose control over their mark merely because they
> want to abandon the project because of the economics.
>  In fact, if they did so, it might subject the mark to attack later
> down the line.

Well, in this case, they need to seriously think about whether they
REALLY want to get into the TLD business afterall.  I think this
requirement is more than reasonable, and indeed is the responsible
thing to do for the users who might come to depend on their domains.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org