Re: Re[2]: [wg-c] "Public" resources

>Excellent point.
>
>I am perfectly willing to contractually bind IOD to the premise that if
>IOD goes out of business or violates any of a number of reasonable
>requirements that the IP is transferred to ICANN for a re-bid.
>
>Fair?

Very reasonable, the only issue that we would have to be wary of is one
where the firm has a vested interest in the IP after the registry is no
longer viable (ie - Yahoo may want to launch a .yahoo tld. After signing up
thousands of their web-hosting customers, they decide to withdraw the
service due to a bad revenue model) Not taking this into account would
strand a large constituency.

Do we care?

-RWR