RE: [wg-c] Faisability question about so called "brand" gTLDs

> Elisabeth PORTENEUVE
> Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 1:13 PM
> To: Elisabeth.PORTENEUVE@cetp.ipsl.fr; cambler@iodesign.com;

> > You are making an assumption.
> >
> > The answer is, were I running .law, that I would only allow
> > registrants who sent me a certified copy of their bonafides.
> > Otherwise, it's as useless as law.com.
> >
> > Christopher
> >
> ==> Very well. How do you distinguish false from true if it comes
>     from all 190 different countries in different languages ?

In the specific case of attorneys, they are ALL registered with their
respective governments. Strangely, this is not always the case with
doctors. A simple check with the country of interest will yield the
results required. However, this is not to say that this method may
always be timely.

>     Did you ever needed to get a birth certificate from one country
>     and present it in another one ?

As a matter of fact, I have. I needed a certificate from the mayor of
Geertruidenberg, NL, to stand in as a birth certificate for my US
passport, not to mention my California drivers license, et al. Nederland
doesn't issue birth certificates, as such. Instead, there is a notation
made in the parents book and the birth is registered in the town
archives. A completely different system than that used in the US. I
think Joop has had similar issues/experiences <grin>.