Re: [wg-c] Faisability question about so called "brand" gTLDs

> > You are making an assumption.
> >
> > The answer is, were I running .law, that I would only allow
> > registrants who sent me a certified copy of their bonafides.
> > Otherwise, it's as useless as law.com.
> >
> > Christopher
> >
> ==> Very well. How do you distinguish false from true if it comes
>     from all 190 different countries in different languages ?

I hire a firm to do this for me, and it ends up making the .law
domain cost $500 to set up (and verify your documents) and
$100 a year thereafter (to re-verify). Costly, but as a result, we
guarantee accuracy.

Or, perhaps I specify any number of international firms who
do verification and auditing as their key business, and state that
a letter from them will suffice (and keep my costs low).

Hypothetically, of course - I have no desire to run .law!

>     Did you ever needed to get a birth certificate from one country
>     and present it in another one ?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do, since my wife and I like to take cruises.

The answer is the same: they pay people to do this, and I end up
paying the cost in my fare.

Christopher