Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

>Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
>
>> The idea that an individual or organization should manage any
>> portion of TLD space for it's own benefit is both dangerous and stupid.
>
>Just so I know:
>Is it also "dangerous and stupid" for any enterprise
>to manage for its own profit:
>
>1) radio spectrum bands?
>2) real estate?
>3) third-level domain names under a registered SLD?
>4) an Internet exchange point?
>5) a domain name server?
>6) telecommunication links into the Internet?
>7) a domain name brokerage for SLDs?
>8) an Internet access provider?

I completely understand your point, but as I've already mentioned, the idea
that these working groups will lay the foundation for NSI v2.0 sincerely
bothers me. There are only one of each TLD and I'm not sure that we can
afford to screw it up by putting private interests ahead of the publics.
Sometimes these interests are coincidental, but all to often the
relationship ends up being extremely one-sided.

-RWR