Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

>This isn't correct. His assumptions aren't "blind", his arguments have
>weight because they are consistent with a basic economic theory, which
>is well proven. It's called the "law of supply and demand", in case you
>haven't heard about it.

I'm not quite sure that I agree with this. My references have been about
the scarcity of sld.tld pairs and the market value of such. Historically
speaking, the availability of close substitutes for these pairs (ie.
sld{a}.{g}tld vs. sld{a}.{alternative}/{cc}tld) have had little or no
effect on the prices of the alternative pairs. Some pairs are worth more
simply because of the tld that they are associated with - the introduction
of new cctld registries has never produced a measurable price movement on
the existing gTLDs (.to vs. .com, or .com vs. .net for that matter). Supply
and demand theory would indicate that as new tlds are made available and
old tlds are popularized, the price would trend towards zero. To my
knowledge, this has never occurred.

-RWR