Re: [wg-c] trademark law & new gTLDs

Jumping in your conversation.

ccTLDs are not homogenous, and the sTLDs are completely
different from one country to another. In the UK
you have .co.uk similar to the NSI .com, but in
Italy .co.it is reserved for Como District.

I made a study last May (yet to be finished) about practices
in 11 selected european ccTLDs. I will try to either provide
you with the URL or summarise this weekend.

The ccTLDs practices may be extremely usefull for gTLD
consideration -- it is a large field of implementations
and every day practices, whereas we have only theoretical
approach on this list.

Elisabeth Porteneuve