[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SV: [wg-c] Deadlines
Petter Rindforth wrote:
> Javier and all others, I fully agree that we have to set
> a new deadline although I am not sure that September 7th
> is enough. We will more likely need until September 30.
> I am convinced that we will be able to present a report
> by the end of September if only we could be a little more
> organized in our discussions and stop jumping from subject
> to subject, spending a lot of time with personal comments
> on single participants in this working group. We are here
> together, trying to solve some tricky problems and
> to deliver a serious report/recommendation. Right?
Thank you very much for reminding us that some organization
It was suggested by somebody that Weekly Reports (synthesis,
summary) are needed from Working Groups.
Could somebody (2 persons ? 3 ?) from WG-C write a brief
report (adding, when necessary, URLs to some contributions
to this list, which is archived
on http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-c/Archives/) ?
Having that for the end of this week would be appreciated, then
we could continue with weekly updates.
> Being an IP/IT Lawyer, a trademark owner and a domain name
> holder, I wish to point out that we, the accused "TM people"
> are not against the addition of new gTLDs as such,
> what we say is: Be careful, go slow and make sure that
> before creating any new problems there is a speedy and
> effective dispute resolution process, a system for protecting
> famous and well-known trademarks across all gTLDs and
> an easy and cost-effective system for obtaining full
> contact information. The addition of new gTLDs must be made
> in a very controlled manner, and that's why it has to be
> just a few to begin with.
> // Petter Rindforth
> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
> Från: Javier SOLA <email@example.com>
> Till: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
> Datum: den 2 augusti 1999 19:41
> Ämne: [wg-c] Deadlines
> >WG C,
> >It is clear that we will have problems meeting our August 9th deadline for
> >the three reports that we are supposed to produce. We need to figure out
> >another deadline for the working group reports.
> >At this point we are just starting the real discussion, and we should give
> >this at least a couple of weeks before we start drafting, and then at least
> >another couple of weeks for drafting and figuring out consensus on the
> >reports. I would propose that we set a new deadline for the beginning of
> >I would like to propose Tuesday September 7th.
> >Any other ideas ?