Re: [wg-c] Re: IP/TM Concerns & New GTLDs

One of the things that bothers me is that my points
keep getting turned into strawmen.

We are dealing with a demonstrated 357-kilo gorilla.
It has some very well-defined objectives.  We can either
ignore those objectives, and make about as much
difference in the Internet as the IAHC did, or we can
address those objectives, in which case we have a very
good chance of seeing our proposals become reality.

Talk about adding seven new registries and 21 new gTLDs
to the root right away, and in fact you're galvanizing a fairly
powerful lobby into opposing us.  The TM interests spent many
buckets of ducats last time to make the IAHC proposal die;
it's not very likely that they'll be asleep at the switch when a
proposal of at least three times the magnitude of the IAHC
proposal gets floated.

Unless, of course, someone has about $25MM to start a very classy
PR campaign.  Donors, anyone?

KJC

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential
and is or may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, the work
product doctrine, joint defense privileges, trade secret protections,
and/or other applicable protections from disclosure.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this com-
munication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communi-
cation in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk
at 212-541-2000 ext.3314, or by e-mail to helpdesk@rspab.com