Re: [wg-c] Re: IP/TM Concerns & New GTLDs

Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>> Furthermore, even given the pure stand-alone development, your
>> figures are highly inflated.  I agree that in general people costs
>> are frequently underestimated, but you go very, very far in the other
>> direction...

> When was the last time you priced out commercial software development
> work in the SF Bay Area?
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Talk about inflating costs. Do you know how much more expensive
the Bay Area is compared to other places?

>> In general, I agree that people frequently underestimate labor costs,
>> but you would do very well indeed, if you could sucker someone into
>> that.  Eg: 2856 hours for a data modeler -- that's 1.5 years,
>> full-time.  This is *not* a complicated database...

> [......]
> Don't forget the trigger code, in Oracle8 PL/SQL.
Talk about inflating costs, again. Do you know how much more expensive
Oracle licences are compared to other DB vendors?

--
Onno Hovers, onno@surfer.xs4all.nl
Network Totalitarianism, the *dot commie* people