Re: [wg-c] Who should vote for new gTLDs

> A large number also undermines Craig's assertion that certain strings will
be
> intrinsically valuable. I don't agree with his analysis. If there is dot
sex and nothing
> else, then the TLD gains value. If there are 10 or fifteen other
alternatives, including
> dot porn, dot xxx, and other four-letter words that I refrain from using
here, the
> "intrinsic" advantage of dot sex disappears.

Indeed, as a principle in the .Web registry, one would think that I would
argue
against lots of TLDs, hoping to protect the scarcity of names and bolster
the
value of .Web. The truth, however, is that I favour as many new TLDs as
there
are companies who wish to run them. I feel that Image Online Design can
market .Web with its value-added services, and still present a lower price,
better policy, and guarantees against detrimental lock-in than any other
registry
out there or to come. I'm prepared to bet my investment on it and put my own
neck on the line, against any and all competitors.

Let's go.

Christopher