Re: [wg-c] Who should vote for new gTLDs

I actually don't theink the "how many" is the issue because I think
certain new gTLDs are likely to be extremely popular whether they are
private or public, and no matter how many new gTLDs are added to the
system (web inc sex come to mind).  How would you determine which of
those is reserved for a public registry, and which goes private? Do you
agree with Milton's auctioning model?

As I said before, I support the idea of lots of gTLDs, primarily for the
purpose of reducing scarcity, lowering price, and, I'll add, educating
users that there's life after .com.

Craig Simon

Jonathan Weinberg wrote:

>         I've been thinking about something that may be causing us (the WG members)
> to talk past each other — it lies in the degree to which the answers to our
> questions turn on the issue of *how many* new TLDs ICANN should create in
> the short to medium term.  I'll set forth two polar cases to illustrate my
> point.

etc.