Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

>>> Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz> 07/26/99 07:02PM >>>
wrote,

At 07:59 AM 26/07/1999 -0400, Kevin J. Connolly wrote:

>>It also bears noting that there are persons posting on this list whose
>>agendae do not appear to be consistent with the production of a report
>>of any kind, let alone a timely report.  The time has come for those of us
>>who are responding to the charter to start recognizing the trolls and
>>treating them accordingly.
>
>The WG is not an Association, Kevin. It is open exactly because it is to
>produce a report. The other voices need to be heard ,considered and
>incorporated in the report.

My objection is not to the voices who wish to be heard.  My objection is
to the voices who wish to see that this WG fails to produce a report.

>echo of Dave Crocker on the ifwp  list

>>> Because some participants have no interest in a real consensus
>>> process.  They will not discuss reasonably and they will not
>>> compromise.  Hence, they wail and decry, but do not contribute
>>> constructively.
>
>>> These people must be removed from the calculation of consensus.  When you
>>> remove them, you are left with a much more reasonable degree of agreement,
>>> and yes, concerns.

When Mr. Teemstra compares me with Dave Crocker, I fear
he does me more honor than he intends and more than I deserve.

Veterans of the domain name wars are already well aware that Mr. Crocker
and I think alike, even when we disagree about policy.

KJC

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential
and is or may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, the work
product doctrine, joint defense privileges, trade secret protections,
and/or other applicable protections from disclosure.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this com-
munication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communi-
cation in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk
at 212-541-2000 ext.3314, or by e-mail to helpdesk@rspab.com