Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 08:31:23AM +0200, Javier SOLA wrote:

> I seems that we have two candidates to the position of co-chair who have
> accepted their nomination: Kent and Jonathan.
>
> It does not seem acceptable to me to include in a ballot somebody who has
> not accepted (given his/her permission) to be there by accepting the
> nomination.

It's perhaps worth noting this tiny bit of protocol.  Email does not
have the same level of reliability as eye contact across a room; for
any particular message you cannot assume that everyone has read it,
or even that it has been delivered to their mailbox.  The fine point
here is that for purposes of formal agreement with a particular
person, a confirming message is required.

This allows you to avoid such embarassments as electing someone who
really doesn't want to be elected.