Re: [wg-c] Geographically allocated names

Milton,

I applaud your efforts to stretch our orientation beyond the English
language. If we could only solve more of these big issues.

Seriously, I think you are pulling us in the direction of a political
debate that is far beyond this group's mandate. In essence, you are
deconstructing the conception of a gTLD, which is a nice academic
exercise, but I wonder if it's really the proper province of an ICANN
working group. If ccTLDs did not exist, I would consider joining you in
this ambitious effort. Nonetheless, I am very reluctant to endeavor,
ostensibly, to expand the reach and influence of ICANN in this manner.
Shouldn't we really just focus upon the issues before us?

--

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law