RE: [wg-c] Geographically allocated names

Is there any logic to regionally assigning generic TLDs which can represent
global interests ?

Surely the principle should be to determine generic dimensions which are not
restricted to national or regional cultural boundaries? These should be
intuitively accessible.

Regards

John C Lewis
Manager - International Organisations Europe
BT delegate ETNO Executive Board
BT delegate EURODATA Foundation Board
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 295258 Mob: +44 (0) 802 218271