Re: [wg-c] RE: [wg-c-1] Consensus on having new TLDs?

Speaking from the vantage point of a trademark lawyer who has been
brainwashed by geeks :-), I would like to point out:

At 10:38 AM 7/16/99 -0400, Rita M. Odin wrote:
>Ivan,
[clip]
>The marketplace that we are
>serving consists of businesses and people who need to protect their IP for
>survival sake.
The Internet is much bigger than the "marketplace". We are serving everyone
now on the Internet and those who will be.  There are other interests at
least as important if not even more important than IP.
>  In trying to decide what is best for the Internet community,
>we can't ignore the issues that are important to all members of that
community.
Precisely
David Maher