RE: [wg-c] RE: [wg-c-1] Consensus on having new TLDs?

This appears to be an eminently sensible proposal; there does appear to be a
need for sequencing the priorities so that we don't create additional
problems until we have resolved the most important ones. Hence the benefit
of resolving the dispute resolution in a workable and pragmatic manner
first. Maybe there is a need for co-ordination of domestic and international
law on trademarks, but this is an action for the GAC to take away while the
customers of the Internet have access to some resolution mechanism in the
shorter term.

Regards

John C Lewis
Manager - International Organisations Europe
BT delegate ETNO Executive Board
BT delegate EURODATA Foundation Board
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 295258 Mob: +44 (0) 802 218271