[wg-c] Re: Oops --

Government policy statements do not "advocate," they make decisions. The citation of commentary in such a decision is relevant only insofar as it supports a decision.

The decision made in the White Paper was to create a new internationally representative private sector corporation that would be responsible for making the decisions about TLDs. The White Paper itself did not make any decisions about the ultimate status of TLDs, except for com, net and org, which it did decide to make into shared TLDs.

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/