Re: [wg-c] Re: [wg-c-1] WORK: Question #1 New GTLDs

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 02:19:13PM +0100, Ivan Pope wrote:

> > >Yes, these do appear to be foundational questions.
> >
> > I also agree.  Notwithstanding Javier's suggestion that is
> > thread belongs in WG-C-3,
> > I think it's impossible for us to make our recommendations in
> > a vacuum.
> >

> Sense! I have no idea why there are three non-connected bunches of people
> all (maybe) discussing parts of the whole.

My impression is that general discussion should take place on the
wg-c list, and that the wg-c-n lists are for actual document
drafting.  We seem to have a ways to go before we start drafting
anything, and therefore, almost all the discussion at this time
should be taking place on the general list.

I also note that there is significant overlap in the membership of
the three subgroups, and a significant overlap in subject matter, at
least at our current level of generality.  I also note that some
topics are more fundamental than others, and further, that people's
familiarity the topics varies substantially.

Therefore, may I suggest that we move essentially all discussion to
the wg-c list for the time being?

Further, I note that there is a rough natural priority in topics --
the question of whether there should be new gTLDs is more
fundamental than which gTLDs, and, therefore, we should probably
concentrate more on these more fundamental questions.

Is there consensus on the notion that we should move most discussion
to wg-c for the time being?