Re: [wg-c] WG Chairs

The history of Mr. Crispin, some of which I have just discovered,
compels me to nominate myself.  I did not come into this looking for
conspiracies, and I'm not one to spend my time chasing phantoms.
However, I've turned up something that disturbs me greatly.

I discovered the PAB archives at http://songbird.com/pab/mail , an
organization of which Mr. Crispin was president and Mr. Sola was an
active member.  This was the Policy Advisory Board for the gTLD-MoU.
Its duty was to advise the POC (Policy Oversight Committee for the
gTLD-MoU) on policy.

It would seem that PAB has some strong interests in particular
directions.  I quote directly from
http://songbird.com/pab/mail/1183.html , in which Mr. Crispin is
apparently advocating that his group attempt to become what is
now the DNSO (and the pNC):

  "I think we should consider trying to make PAB the nucleus of a Names
  Support Organization, and POC the nucleus of the Names Council, and I
  would like to see some serious discussion of the possibility. There
  are other organizations with goals quite antithetical to ours that are
  going to step up to the plate, and they will likely carry the day if
  we don't act. This is a *very* *serious* *possibility*."

A quick read of some of the other members of PAB turns up:
Amadeu Abril i Abril
Javier Sola
Bill Semich
Nii Quaynor

...all of whom were members of PAB, and current members of the pNC.
Mr. Crispin is also an active participant in ISOC, an organization on
whose board of trustees Mr. Sola sits.  Mr.s Crispin and Sola also
sit on the GTLD-MoU POC.

In the interest of fairness, and of preventing any further capture, I
put myself forward as a candidate.  I've already disclosed my interests
to the WG.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org