[wg-c] Re: Mechanics (divertimento from First Question]

On 12 July 1999, "Kevin J. Connolly" <CONNOLLK@rspab.com> wrote:

>wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> We don't even have a current, pulically=20
>>available, and accurate count of the people=20
>>subscribed to this list.  This would be the very=20
>>first step in deciding where consensus lay, if=20
>>any, and finding the minority opinion, if one exists. =20
>
>Og not sure what ju-ju come from "public" availability of count.
>Og use "who" command to majordomo, get-um current subscriber list:

Og use borkened MUA that doesn't translate EOLs very well.
Og trivialize important issue.
Og assume everyone subscribed to list knows how to get count.
Og assume that locked file cabinet stored in safe behind bricked-in
closet in dark basement containing 9 feet of water is "public" because
it is available with sufficient effort?  Or does Og just like to
make assumptions that have no bearing on fairness and openness?

>Og also say:  Og not cut no slack for Idniots.

Og mean to type "idniots" as an attack on the IDNO, or is
Og's club bigger than Og's keycaps?

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org