Re: [wg-b] Japanese Sunrise Program

Michael:
I don't understand your reasoning. The adoption of a sunrise policy by one of the most restrictive and least successful domain name registries in the world doesn't prove anything about the justice or desirability of the policy. If it proves anything, it is that trademark holders have a lot of clout, in Japan as well as in North America. But we already knew that.

The discussion and debate that went into WG-B was far more open and comprehensive than the behind-the-scenes manuevering that led to the Japanese decision. I hope you are not holding up their method as the more desirable one.

>>> "Michael D. Palage" <mpalage@infonetworks.com> 10/06/00 11:44AM >>>

I think this article shows that despite all the criticisms about the Sunrise
Program it was the best solution available.