Re: [wg-b] ICANN Election Results

At 11:32 12/10/2000 -0400, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:
>I think the election of Karl Auerbach, a signatory to the ORSC appendix to
>the wg-b final report, to the ICANN board, shows that despite all of the
>criticisms of traditional remedial approaches to trademark disputes, and of
>the strategy of devaluing cybersquatting by dramatically increasing the
>supply of TLDs, they remain the best solutions available:

Karl Auerback also left the DNSO General Assembly mailing list because he
thought it inappropriate to introduce rules that could be used to deny Joe
Baptista the right to use the list to insult other people.

The fact that he got elected to the ICANN board does not mean that he is
always right.

                 Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com