Re: [wg-b] wg-b

At 12:55 05.04.2000 -0700, Ellen Rony wrote:
>Nonetheless, I find it doubtful that the owners of marks that are deemed
>famous by whatever mechanism/criteria are chosen would be satisfied with a
>provision that stays their objection to "confusingly similar" marks
>registered as domain names beyond a proposed set limit.

I have seen no suggestion that famous marks are denied the right to appeal
to the UDRP on cases of trademark conflict that occur after the sunrise period.
It's just that they will get no special protection.

Saying otherwise would give them the untrammelled right to squat on
extremely large portions of domain name space; something I don't think is a
Good Thing.

              Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no