RE: [wg-b] Points of agreement

At 10:07 15.12.99 -0500, Hartman, Steve wrote:
>I regret I cannot agree with the first. Reasonable criteria can be
>formulated for defining a famous mark for the limited purpose of an
>exclusionary rule. The second is probably right; it would depend in large
>part on how many marks are deemed famous. I agree with the third.

If you say "can be formulated", I think we're still in agreement (I *so*
much want to have agreement on something....) because my statement was

 > - Famous marks are not defined to the point where one can make a list of
 > them.

We can disagree on whether it's possible to make a reasonable list based on
reasonable criteria in the future without disagreeing about whether they
exist now or not.

I know, I'm clutching at straws.....

                         Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no