From: Michael D. Palage [mailto:mpalage@infonetworks.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 11:46 AM
To: wg-b@dnso.org
Subject: [wg-b] Voting Update & Question Forumlation

To date I have received 12 votes out of the 50 participants included on the
list in regard to Question 0 - see ballot below:

When casting your vote, please put the following text in the subject field:
STRAW VOTE - QUESTION 0
In the body of the e-mail please select one of the following three options:

Option A: Some types of safeguards (to be determined) need to be implemented
to protect famous trademark owners and the consuming public;

Option B: No safeguards are necessary

Option C: I elect to abstain

FORMULATION OF QUESTIONS
I agree that the formulation of certain questions is crucial. In this case
however, I believe that a thumbs up or thumbs down approval was the best
option.  I believe the lawyers participating in this list, myself included,
are well adept in viewing issues in every shade of gray possible. I believe
the discussions on the list to date are amble proof that there is a lot of
gray to deal with - but sometimes a yes or no answer is the best indicator
of consensus or the lack thereof.

With regard to the Votebot:
I am not inventing a Votebot. I am taking the existing one that CORE has
used and putting it on DNSO's boxes. Could you image the conspiracy
arguments if substantive issues were being conducted outside the scope of
DNSO oversight. The delays have been that the DNSO people similar to
Elizabeth and myself have full-time jobs. ICANN related works as co-chair
and secretariat of the registrar constituency already consumes an inordinate
amount of my time. There are only 24 hours in the day and my 10 week old son
needs to know that he has a father :)

Mike

Exercise your right to vote.