[wg-b] Re: Arbitration (RE: (wg-b) food for thought)

Sarah, forget the other side of the coin - that reverse domain name hijacking is
also a huge and growing problem, perpetrated against smaller entities with much
less power yet so much more to lose ...

Fact is, you are *already* sans protection ... the Registrar Accreditation
Policy language played out in your contract as "you have no rights in your
domain names", doesn't distinguish between tm owner and not ...

Your trademark rights are more violated by the domain name rights you sign over
to ICANN with your contract, than by any nuisance cybersquatter you could easily
squash in court  ...

Judith

P.S.  I've mentioned before that I also represent trademark owners ... I'm as
interested in protecting and promoting the interests of my trademark
owning-clients as you are in protecting your's, and I have grave concerns about
the degree to which their domain name rights are already rescinded ...

--
Judith Oppenheimer, 1 800 The Expert, 212 684-7210
mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com