RE: [wg-b] Bio

My name is Jeffrey J. Neuman, and I am an associate at the law firm of
Steptoe & Johnson LLP, serving in their Technology Group.

I am primarily responsible for a host of trademark and intellectual property
issues including both trademark prosecution, litigation, and domain name
disputes.  Furthermore, I also have a large amount of transactional work
including the drafting website development agreements, Internet privacy
policies, employee Internet and e-mail policies, and web hosting agreements
for our clients.  I also counsel and represent clients in obtaining licenses
from Department of Commerce to export encryption hardware, software, and
technology.

Although I am an intellectual property attorney that services some of the
largest Fortune 500 corporations in the world, my service on this committee
is in no way shape or form on their behalf.  I, like Michael, have no agenda
and am completely open to all ideas and suggestions.

I became interested in the domain name debate back in 1996 when I wrote a
paper for an unfair competition law school class.  Since then I have written
numerous articles on the subject, spoken at several seminars, and attended
the WIPO regional consultations.  For those of you who have met me, I have
an open mind, listen to all arguments, and only then form my own opinions on
these matters.

If anyone else needs any further information, just let me know.

Jeffrey J. Neuman