RE: [wg-b] WG-B Deadline

At 16:44 25.03.00 -0500, James Love wrote:

>     Michael.  Next friday the AFL-CIO, the Teamsters, CWA, AFSCME, and
>several other unions will meet in Washington, DC to discuss the .union
>TLD.

Are they also discussing asking the .US registrar to delegate .union.us?
This is something that can be accomplished totally outside of the ICANN TLD
process, I think, and would provide us with the ability to test the
assumptions of an .union TLD (for instance, that "nike.union.us" is not
going to be challenged by Nike as misuse of trademark) that the arguments
for .union depend on.

Given the speed at which ICANN is working, I think spending time to test
theories of this sort without waiting for ICANN is a Good Thing.

                     Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no