Re: Perplexed in the Face of Anger, Acrimony & ~Evidence

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 01:26:23 +0200, Onno Hovers <onno@SURFER.XS4ALL.NL>
wrote:

>In article <4.2.0.56.19990602154355.00acbdd0@mail.bayarea.net> you wrote:
>>At 02:37 PM 6/2/99 -0500, Kevin M. Kelly wrote:
>>>Be assured that you are not alone.  I must admit that (a few steps behind
>>>ICANN) I find it increasingly difficult to see credible representation for
>>>the non-commercial domain holders.
>
>> As nearly as I can tell, the stance being taken by some folks is that ICANN
>> should, somehow, provide a position for non-commercial holders, without
>> there being any credible group to occupy the space.
>
>> Where is the credible group that represents non-commercial domain holders?
>
>Do you feel that the ISOC proposal and the group that supported it is
>not 'a credible group that represents non-commercial domain holders'?
>If so, why?

Not without the modifications endorced by Mueller and ACM.

ISOC has too many commercial interests that are involved in this also
to be said to be totally impartial.  There are potential conflicts of
interest that need to be resolved with regards to the ISOC, and as
such, they should not be the dominating force behind the NCDNHC.

--
William X. Walsh william@dso.net
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go
crying to every time you have something
to whimper about.