Re: [IFWP] Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp was: As ICANN unravels ISOC launches Smear campaign against Milton Meuller and Michael Sondow

martin and all,

Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:

> I read about this in college.  It's a form of magical thinking, which must
> rely on non-falsifiable statements to survive. "My worldview cannot be
> contradicted.  The statements by proponents of worldviews which contradict
> my own are not to be tested because the proponents are not credible.  They
> are not credible because they hold worldviews which contradict my own.
> Thus, my worldview is uncontradicted by anybody credible.  Anybody credible
> is someone who does not contradict my worldview."

  You are absolutely correct here.  This is in structures Logic commonly
called a "Circular Argument".  It therefore has no real conclusion or
resolution.

> "I don't like ISOC, INTA and CORE (or flouridation or the CIA or black
> helicopters)."  People who are members of ISOC, INTA and CORE who
> contradict me, are not credible because they are members of ISOC, INTA and
> CORE.  Thus, we do not have to reality check anything said by anyone from
> INTA, ISOC and INTA, because everything they say is a lie.  I don't like
> ISOC, INTA and CORE because everything they say is a lie"

  Again in part, this is also correct and accurate as well.  However I would
remind you that the reverse is also true as it applies to the ORSC, BWG,
INEGroup, and other group on other sides of the equation as well....

> At 09:12 PM 6/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Martin B. Schwimmer a écrit:
> >
> >> I am not employed by or paid by or represent David Maher and don't care
> >> whether he controls the non-commercial constituency, assuming, according to
> >> you, that that is one of his ambitions.  To the best of my knowledge, he is
> >> not a member of INTA.  I am a trademark lawyer like him, Senator McCarthy.
> >
> >Your organization and his have been in collaboration for three years
> >or more to control the DNS, according to the archives and what I
> >have personally seen with my own eyes. You are an operative of INTA,
> >that is, of the international trademark lawyers interested in the
> >Internet, just as David Crocker and Kent Crispin are operatives of
> >ISOC and CORE. You three have been given more or less the same task:
> >to intervene on the public lists in order to stop dissent, by
> >whatever means available to you, from what your organizations are
> >together doing to control the DNS for your common goals. You three
> >are not here by chance. You have been assigned, or have assigned
> >yourselves, to that mission. You are operatives of a plan, and you
> >are here at work.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894