Re: [IFWP] Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp was: As ICANN unravels ISOC launches Smear campaign against Milton Meuller and Michael Sondow

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 21:35:38 -0400, "Martin B. Schwimmer"
<martys@interport.net> wrote:

>I read about this in college.  It's a form of magical thinking, which must
>rely on non-falsifiable statements to survive. "My worldview cannot be
>contradicted.  The statements by proponents of worldviews which contradict
>my own are not to be tested because the proponents are not credible.  They
>are not credible because they hold worldviews which contradict my own.
>Thus, my worldview is uncontradicted by anybody credible.  Anybody credible
>is someone who does not contradict my worldview."
>
>"I don't like ISOC, INTA and CORE (or flouridation or the CIA or black
>helicopters)."  People who are members of ISOC, INTA and CORE who
>contradict me, are not credible because they are members of ISOC, INTA and
>CORE.  Thus, we do not have to reality check anything said by anyone from
>INTA, ISOC and INTA, because everything they say is a lie.  I don't like
>ISOC, INTA and CORE because everything they say is a lie"

While I disagree with the positions of the ISOC, INTO, and CORE more
often than not, and NSI as well, the simple fact is that your
statements above are right on the mark with regard to Mr Sondow.

Though "affiliation" is a VITAL piece of information in considering
the positions and comments of others, dismissal on that basis ALONE is
wrong.

I fear I myself have been guilty of this in the past, sometimes it is
easier to see it when it is being applied to someone else.

--
William X. Walsh william@dso.net
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go
crying to every time you have something
to whimper about.