The Imperial ICANN? To: Re: Report from Singapore

All,

  We are not helpless Ellen, if we decide to band together!!  Are you
game?  Is it time for a STOPICANN.ORG site?

  I detest and find great danger in these politics of "Imperial Administration"
as you accurately put it Ellen.  >;)

  We wonder where the DOC/NTIA is on all this?  Becky, care to
comment?

Ellen Rony wrote:

> Jpp[ Teernstra wrote:
>
> >(I am not a reporter), but I was there and have to bear witness to you of
> >some of the extraordinary happenings during the DNSO meetings and the open
> >meeting with the ICANN board. (not:"open Board meeting")
>
> Thanks to you and Michael Sondow for sending us detailed reports of the
> Singapore meetings.  Does anyone other than moi feel completely helpless
> about the forthcoming rush of ICANN decisions?
>
> >Then a little bombshell: Board member Hans Kaayenbrink had not publicly
> >disclosed his affiliation to an organisation that had expressed unmovable
> >support to the BMW model.
>
> Conflict of interest reporting and criteria is an agendized topic, and now
> the ICANN board has an example to give full force to the concern.   I
> wonder why this board member cannot recognize the impropriety of voting on
> issues which will affect or involve his professional affiliations.  We may
> never know, because the board discussion on the topic is being held behind
> closed doors.
>
> >Hans Kraayenbrink said nothing.
> >When I stood up and asked him, he said that he did not favour open board
> >meetings and that he preferred his deliberations to remain in private.
>
> Another inappropriate response from someone who plays a significant role in
> decisions which will affect the future of Internet names and addresses.
>
> >Ouch!
> >Where were you, Dan Steinberg? (ill, please get better soon) Where were the
> >grey ribbons?
>
> I sent a second set of ribbons directly to Singapore via Diane Cabell.  I
> was assured that they would arrive by Tuesday.  Harrumph!  Have y'all
> considered picketing the closed board meeting?  Who, besides the ICANN
> board itself, wants an imperial administration?
>
> Keep the pressure on ICANN.
>
> Ellen Rony                                                          Co-author
> The Domain Name Handbook                        http://www.domainhandbook.com
> ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /                  +1 (415) 435-5010
> erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                         Tiburon, CA
>                On the Internet,    //  \\   no one knows you're a dog.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894