Re: California meeting March 18; was Re: Chopped liver no more! Was Re: do wewant......?

Einar Stefferud wrote:

>What kind of meeting is this expected to be?
>
>Does it have an agenda?  Is it just a social gathering?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but since the Singapore meeting will
be over, and since ICANN has not included on its agenda a discussion about
whether to open board meetings to the public, I will continue to press on
this issue.  Truly, I don't see how we can accept that this board, holding
their positions without any democratic process, can make their decisions
and their individual votes behind closed doors.  From another perspective,
a closed board meeting may produce complaints of quid-pro-quo
decisionmaking, so it would be in the interest of the ICANN board to open
up its meetings.

But, hey, so far it's a meeting of five (Esther, you, Patrick, Roeland and
myself), so we can, indeed, use this electronic medium e to discuss how to
optimize our brief time with Esther.

Does anyone else on this list plan to attend?

Ellen Rony                                                          Co-author
The Domain Name Handbook                        http://www.domainhandbook.com
ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /                  +1 (415) 435-5010
erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                         Tiburon, CA
               On the Internet,    //  \\    no one knows you're a dog
"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."  -- J Danforth
Quayle