Re: ICANN postings

Let's not cange the name of the list.  We don't have time to mess with
getting everyone for figure out the cnage, etc, et al, ad nauseum.

Lets just declare <list@ifwp.org> to be "our designated list" for
discussing issues with ICANN, and advise everyone how to subscribe if
they are not yet subscribed, and then get on our work.

It is clear that ICANN does not want to do the work of setting up such
a list, so lets just route around ICANN and do it ourselves.  And,
after a short period of time we should stop all that intense cross
posting and settle down on <list@ifwp.org> now that Richard Sexton has
rescued it and is administering it in a stable mode.

Since ICANN does not wish to help us comunicate with them, lets just
fix it ourselves.

Cheers...\Stef

>From your message Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:41:22 -0500:
}
}Oh yes oh please please please pretty please with sugar let's have just one
}list!!!!!
}
}Antony
}
}> Einar Stefferud wrote:
}> >What we all need is to have one list designated as the
}> discussion list of record.
}>
}> Why don't you just rename list@ifwp.org as list@icann.org ?  The
}> IFWP name,
}> while reflecting the mailing list's origins, no longer identifies
}> the topic
}> of discussion.
}>
}> To avoid accusations of conflict of interest, perhaps Richard Sexton, who
}> capably provides pro bono services as the current IFWP list manager, could
}> manage the transition, yet again, until a new list administrator is found.
}>
}>
}> Consider this suggestion as an opportunity to provide welcome relief from
}> the overwhelming and often repetitive traffic among at least a half dozen
}> DNS-related lists to which many of us subscribe.
}>
}>
}> Ellen Rony                                                     Co-author
}> The Domain Name Handbook                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
}> ================================  // ===================================
}> ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /             +1 (415) 435-5010
}> erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                    Tiburon, CA
}>                                    //  \\   "Carpe canine"
}>     Join the GREY RIBBON CAMPAIGN to bring ICANN out of the shadows.
}>                 See http://www.domainhandbook.com/icannt.html
}>
}>
}>