Re: Draft comparisons

Esther Dyson wrote:

>It ain't over yet! Thanks so much.  How can we cheer you on?

Well, since you asked, I'll resist the temptation to list my outstanding
debts (!) and simply say that for starters, you could get the board members
to understand the notion that closed board meetings are *NEVER* going to be
acceptable to the community whose resources ICANN has been designated to
manage.

And, some shameless self promotion here, you might encourage all the board
members to read The Domain Name Handbook to better familiarize themselves
with the issues under discussion (see www.domainhandbook.com/order.html).
Since we were told the ICANN board was selected for its lack of DNS
involvement (Jun Murai notwithstanding), I think they need to educate
themselves very quickly about the people, organizations and issues which
have been the subject of many thousands of hours of discussion over the
past three years.

Since you asked. . . .

Ellen Rony                                                     Co-author
The Domain Name Handbook                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /             +1 (415) 435-5010
erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                    Tiburon, CA
                                   //  \\   "Carpe canine"
    Join the GREY RIBBON CAMPAIGN to bring ICANN out of the shadows.
                See http://www.domainhandbook.com/icannt.html